Moving to new office premises is seldom an activity that is going to leave you smiling and relaxed. For the typical business owner, it may be stressful and fraught and that is even when things go well. For those who have problems, it may develop into a virtual nightmare.
- Be clear that all the utility services are changed over into your name in the new premises. Furthermore, make sure they are connected and ready to go from the moment you move in.
- Get an IT specialist with combs knowledge to confirm that all will be well. Local lines and networks will have to deal with your arrival if you are a massive user of IT. Get them to check that there are no problems that require resolution with your ISP.
- Do not forget to do whatever it takes to make sure your office removals company may park their vehicle somewhere convenient for offloading. This sometimes goes badly wrong and if they cannot unload because of being not able to park then you would not have the ability to get your business started.
- If your new assumptions are on the upper floors of a building, liaise with the building’s management to be certain that a lift or elevator is reserved for your use when moving in. If you cannot get that, your elimination could drag out while the removals team keep waiting for the elevator to arrive.
- If your employees and co-workers are helping, limit their activities to unpacking and do not let them participate in heavy lifting or moving boxes between the automobile and office. That is because you might have insurance issues if they are injured while doing this.
- In situations where you are moving in on a Saturday and into a shared Construction, make absolutely sure that your building will be open. It is far from unknown for moving office vehicles to arrive only to discover that the building was locked up for the weekend.
- Successful unloading and unpacking is often fuelled for everybody by tea and coffee. You and your colleagues could be quite busy, so think about getting in a caterer or helper to create beverages while the physical work is underway and keep cups and other related supplies to hand since the first box which comes off the car.
- Attempt to ‘switch off’ your business operations while the transfer is underway. It can be hard or impossible to keep an eye on things and help if attempting to take care of customer telephone calls and emails at exactly the exact same time. Brief your customers well beforehand and they will be sympathetic.